I do not think David has reviewed this headlamp.

In August I purchased a Mammut Lucido TX1 LED Headlamp for $80.00. The lamp is helmet mounted with 3 AA in back of the helmet. What makes this headlamp so good is the incredible spotlight with the great runtime of days and that is on the brightest setting. The bright light is a hi-flux one watt LED with a max range of 345 ft. The lamp also has Two Hi-definition floodlight LEDs with hi and low settings. The run times of these smaller LEDs have a max of 180 hours. I noticed tonight that some vendors now sell the Lucido for as little as $64.

Another model offered is the "plain" Mammut TX1, not the Lucido which I have. The TX1 is powered by 3 C-cells carried in a belt pack or in a pocket where the batteries can be kept warmer. That model using 3 C-cells has a run time of 450 hours, can you believe that. The lamps are not waterproof, but they are made for an alpine use in rough and tough, cold and damp conditions.

Mammut is famous for rope climbing rope.

Preston