Having helped host far too many of these things my advice for Ellie was that she needed to do whatever worked best for her. If it meets her budget, her travel constraints, her whims etc than it is the right place. No matter what, someone will be unhappy.

By and far the biggest issue for spring convention has been finding an affordable site that meets all our needs. Colorado Bend typically would love for us to have functions there but the ceiling in the conference room is a bit low for presentations and close camping is problematic. CWAN is in a good location but has no potable water, dry weather only camping and we would have to work around the tours in the cave. Most of us loath the thought of going back to Kerrville after the bout of Irritable Caver Syndrome that hit us this summer. Sonora was fun but it is way the hell out in, well, Sonora! Cascade Caverns was pretty good but it required a ton of prep work and you might get shot. Albert cost us a small fortune. Burnett was fun but the divided camping and talks upset folks. I could go on and on.

We will have convention where ever Ellie finally finds a spot that works! If you don't like it run for TSA VP.

Joe