I'll throw out my two cents on this, and by no means do I think its the only
way to do things, just my opinion as a list user :)

Re-read http://texascavers.com/about.html  I didn't come up with these, I
inherited them as list owner from Mr. Bentley, but they give suggestions.

Evolution talk in particular could be sideways skewed to include biology,
cave-biology and eco-biology, but that, in my opinion, is stretching things
a bit.  We, as adults, know that evolution is a touchy matter for many
people, particularly people that are religious.

Politics, religion and sex are three main topics that are best to be kept to
websites and listserves that are dedicated to them, again, in my opinion :)

Charles, just a plain ole subscriber and member