I am going to send this again as I don't think it posted earlier today. On Aug.
5th we hiked down to the Collins House.

The Floyd Collins House at Mammoth Cave National Park is being restored. Two
park maintenance men have been working on the home all summer. The house has
been jacked up and all of the rotten foundation wood and flooring have been
replaced.  Foundation stone has been redone so the house is now well off the
ground and the floor is level. New drywall has been installed, the chimney
brick inside from the collapsed chimney has been removed and the roof has
been repaired with new metal. We thank Bob Ward at the park for this
restoration. The last major restoration on the House was done in the late
'80s by park maintenance head C.D. Church and crew. The Crystal Cave Ticket
Office, beside Floyd's Home, was restored last summer in a similar fashion.

Cavingly,

Preston