From: Don Cooper [mailto:wavyca...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 5:03 PM
To: Charles Goldsmith
Cc: Cavers, Texas
Subject: Re: [Texascavers] OT - computer news

 While we're "On Computers" and predictions I'll try my John McLaughlin
voice:

>Vista will become the next instance of an 'ME' type, poorly received
release.<

 Opinion, Commentary?

-WaV

(IMO - even with USB 2.0 - non volitle memory sticks are too slow to speed
up any process.

The idea behind the flash memory for use for performance is the seek times
are amazingly fast vs spindle seek times

Useful as a substitute for older removeable magnetic storage, but about the
same.)