That would make sense.

More likely that it is particular users accidentally draw near the edges of
the screen when zoomed out.

That would explain why some cave survey bookers have this more often!



In the example I sent, the stray lines are near the end I expect, lines 504
to 506.

Have not tried it yet – in middle of something else – if I delete those
three lines, the XVIGRID extent will still be very large.

Where can I find the syntax description so that I can intelligently edit it?

There are 8 numbers in a row.



Bruce 



  _____  

From: therion-bounces at speleo.sk [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf
Of Martin Sluka
Sent: Saturday, 5 October 2013 7:18 p.m.
To: List for Therion users
Subject: Re: [Therion] drawing files with unnecessary large extents created
by therion/topparser



Bruce, 



this is typical for PocketTopo and lines created by mistake, if one didn't
switched pen to moving mode before transport of PDA and PocketTopo created a
"missed" line somewhere in border of drawing area. It could be just one very
short and practically invisible line. Try open the xvi file by plain text
editor and find such a lose line.



m.





Oct 5, 2013 v 5:29 AM, Bruce <bruce at tomo.co.nz>:





There is something about the drawing extents that is not right.  Not sure if
it is just a gap in my Xtherion knowledge, or if there is something unusual
about how TopParser (and sometimes the therion convert) creates the files.

Can I fix it by manually changing something after the file is created?

Most times this does not happen with Therions converter.





Martin Sluka - Studio Sluka



prodej Hahnemühle DFA 

tisk fotografií a reprodukcí



Na Rovnosti 2692/21

130 00 Praha 3

tel.: +420 603513640

mail: martinsluka at mac.com

web: http://www.piezografie.cz













-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: 
<http://mailman.speleo.sk/pipermail/therion/attachments/20131005/b7074f87/attachment.html>

Reply via email to