Hi Bruce,

extend stop 8 7

would mean, that if the algorithm reaches station 7 from station 8, it
stops extending, turns back, and continues from some previous stations. If
the algorithm will go the opposite way (11->7->8), extend stop 8 7 will be
ignored.

And to the general question: the b) is correct. Therion reads all extend
statements, assign these options to oriented legs and stations, and then
processes them.

S.