Hi Dawn,

> > I already have difficulty updating the default hypergraph map.
> > Sometimes the 'save XML' works - but most of the time it simply
> > doesn't update.
>
> What browser are you using? If you have security restrictions not allowing
> the browser to write to the target filesystem, this might explain this
> behaviour. Bascially, if you running Tiddly wiki as http: instead of file,
> you can't update the xml file.

I found now that all the time probably special characters didn't allow
me to save the XML. By searching and deleting all of them I finally
got it as far as being able to save the XML - but only if I leave out
the modifiers still. I use Firefox 2.0.0.17

> > Of all the hypergraph examples the orgApplet, with its colored
> > branches zooming in one after the other one - not as the main where
> > you have either all dates, or tags, or tiddlers or everything all at
> > once - gives the best oversight from a determinable central point from
> > where you can navigate in whichever direction.
>
> Do you have a URL for this, did a quick check and couldn't find any
> reference to it.

Just uploaded my hypergraph TW for the first time. Though it starts to
load it actually doesn't shows up - put makes my FF crush.
Do I have to change anything about the paths if I put it online?
The file structure there is the same as on my drive:
http://wolfi.110mb.com/hyperGraph.html

> > linked from the centred tiddler or maybe that are up to two links of
> > distance from the centred tiddler but can't see an option to do this.
>
> It is something I'm looking at but when I develoed it, I was using
> hypergraph to nagivigate huge tiddlywiikis (>1000 tiddlers) . I note this as
> a new requirement.

I made a tiddlerMap of my 3.7 MB 'Changing Themes' TiddlyWiki with
almost 1000 tiddlers. The XML grew 1.8 MB itself! Here's a screenshot:

http://110mb.com/hypergraph_.jpg

And here the link to the XML if you want to try this yourself:
http://wolfi.110mb.com/graphs/tiddlerMap_.xml

The difficulty with so many tiddlers, tags and hypergraph is, that if
I click for example into the tags field to get to see their names it
takes some seconds and a second click by guess till the names of some
tags become visible - but by then all other tags are out of sight and
one has to start again by centering the map.

>  The home node is set by the SiteUrl shadow tiddler. I note this as a new
> requirement.

What would be needed is an option to set a specified tag as the home
note, and only include tags which are tagged with this tag and the
tiddlers tagged by them. Similar as for example TagsTreePlugin does:
http://visualtw.ouvaton.org/VisualTW.html#TagsTreePlugin

Regards,

W.