Hi Jon,

> and of course let me know how I can improve it..

.. thanks for having an open ear for suggestions. Though reading your
own 'to do list' at http://preview.tinyurl.com/5yb26c it seems you're
pretty aware what still needs to be done to make tiddlytagmindmap
useful. - However, having it side by side compared with a more matured
hypergraph does show its real shortcomings very well.

The most obvious:

TagMindMap shows you the relation of an opened tiddler to immediate
tiddlers really nice - but it doesn't show an index or map of the
whole content, or the position in relation to such. And increasing the
dept of relation from 1 to 2 doesn't solves this, as it than gets
truly confusing.

For example, just tried to find your tiddler 'Work to be done
(tiddlytagmindmap)' again - and it took me much more time than it
would have with the ordinary tabs of a TW of the same size of content.
So it doesn't replace the navigation of a TabTags or TagCloud yet at
all.

And it's much harder for me than with hypergraph to have a doable
solution for this equal shortcoming (but maybe we just haven't found
the proper way to tag yet?) Nevertheless, necessary addition in this
direction I would consider:

# the ability to customize its size: it wasn't possible for me to give
it a 100% width (or any other value) in the stylesheet to use more
screen space, since the nodes wouldn't synchronize with the position
of the cycles. Only by hacking the original plugin code was it
possible to give it some wider fixed value.

# vertical size customize-ability: even more urgent because if an
immediate related tiddler is on a cycle above or below it isn't
visible.

# drag ability: this would help much more than increasing its vertical
size, which is limited if one also wants to see tiddlers.

# the ability to place it where and how one wants: first thing I did,
hide the slider button and toggle its div with a tiddlytools toggle
bookmarklet. I really like your idea of combining it with
TiddlyDesktop, but there it would be much more useful in a tiddler
than in the background, since only this tiddler would have to be
brought to the foreground, and not all others minimized for having the
overview.

# zoom peripheral cycles gap and nodes out.

# customize-able connectors between nodes: less obtrusive and than
maybe dept 2 would be much more useful.

# don't combine its distribution with a custom TW like Mptw, but
stripe it to its essentials. Otherwise you make it harder to setup for
newcomers to TW.

... I think that already enough for now ;-) and that TagglyTagMindMap
will become a really useful contribution.

Cheers,

W.