On Oct 14, 9:38 am, "S. Sriram" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> My question is what ideas do readers of this list have for something
> like this and how might they want to use such a facility.

I have been using FireBaggr for a few days and I can see a lot of
potential.  It needs some tweaking and tailoring for file manipulation
and to optimize it for specific reasons yet to be solidified.  At the
moment I see it used as a project based program where lots of
different documents can be grouped for easy access worked on and
exported/saved as a group if need be.

Or with the use of the templates generating similar 'Jaspers' to
disseminate to many users and then pulling them back together for
consolidation.  For instance for research groups or student handouts
and lessons

However collaboration and true multiuser is a bit more difficult.  I
can see a project leader aggregating inputs from several separate
sources into FireBaggr but at the moment simultaneous changes or a
passing around through a group could be could get logistically
interesting:-)  A read/modify/pass on regimen would have to be set up
properly and rigidly enforceable and in the end these things never
completely overcome human recalcitrance.

At this stage of my experimenting I still see it as a single user tool
for complicated projects.  It also might be a good tool for assembling
manuals or even a novel.

And here's food for thought:

Since the original designer of TiddlySnip has been forced to abandon
its development and with your expertise with Firefox plugins it would
fit well in coordination with FireBaggr.  TiddlySnip could be used to
assemble the components of more complex documents and along with
multiple file manipulation could be a bridge to span and coordinate
content between a range of documents both within and without of
FireBaggr.  Besides that you would become a hero to TiddlySnip users.

By the way could you tell me how to access templates in FireBaggr and
be able to add my own?

Morris