I was trying to overcome this same permalink issue as well.  We use
Firefox 3 in our office and Outlook as our email client.  Whenever a
recognized by Outlook as part of the URL.  I thought this limitation
could be overcome by fixing the email message.  So I wrote a macro
that would perform a find and replace on the [[ and ]] with %5B%5B and
%5D%5D respectively.  I then set up a Rule in Outlook that runs the
macro on incoming email messages.  That whole process works fine.  A
and sent to a co-worker.  When the message is received, the macro
automatically fixes the hyperlink, so the user doesn't have to be
bothered with editing the URL.

Unfortunately, it seems that Outlook will only pass the base URL to
the browser (whatever the browser, IE, Firefox, Chrome).  For example,
if the email contains:
file:///C:/TW/TiddlyWiki.html#%5B%5BTask%20List%5D%5D
Clicking that link in Outlook results in file:///C:/TW/TiddlyWiki.html
opening with the default tiddlers, rather than opening at tiddler
"Task List".

As far as I can tell, this is just the way Outlook handles such a
URL.  I'm trying to find out if there is a way to override this
behavior.  Bottom line: permalinks don't seem to work with Outlook,
regardless of the URL contains ]]'s or the encoded equivalent.

~Roger