Look, you're not being selfish. Cookies are a bad idea for config.
CookieSaver is a kludge to get around this and make TW config a little more
bearable. I dream of the day when you can configure a TW in a sane way.

More discussion on this topic here:
http://groups.google.com/group/TiddlyWikiDev/browse_thread/thread/6945f595e6917ce5

A patch here:
http://trac.tiddlywiki.org/ticket/756