About issue 1), I use Ctrl+Enter after editing and it brings me to the
top of the tiddler. I'm new to TW (using MPTW) and can't tell if it's
a basic feature or not.

I share your annoyance about issue 2) : focus on the top (=title) of
the new lowermost tiddler would be more user-friendly, as well as a
keyboard shortcut to jump to the previous/next tiddler beginning.

Issue 3) : single TW user too and only local use so far, so no related
problem encountered yet.
Issue 4) : I prefer to keep the Getting Started tiddler as is for any
future reference. I've just added TW and Tutorial tags to it. Maybe it
could include a "Click here to create your first own tiddler" mention.

Also one thing that is not an interface annoyance so to speak but an
aspect I find hard to explain :
the fact that the upper frame (which contains the TW title and
subtitle) holds around 15% of the screen height in most themes (when
half of it would be enough).
GTD TW theme is a notable exception.
Well I guess this depends on what you do with your TW.
And maybe I'm not into "read on screen" enough to realise this layout
is better for the eyes.

I'm less preoccupied with the TW screen width as I suppose it just has
to fit the nature and density of your tiddlers content, and your read-
on-screen preferences.
I may come to use different TW : one tight for explicit or low-
detailed stuff and one wide for unhaikuable things :-)