Ah! Thank you, I thought it was more complex than it was. How elegant.

However, the type of tag a tiddler is supposed to get depends on *two*
tags - i.e tiddlers that are tagged both with 'Private' and either of
MyStuff, HerStuff or OurStuff. Renaming it one at a time would not
work as.

In a way it seems I need your plugin backwards ;-)

...or some kind of gradual filtering - first filtering everything with
one tag as criteria, and storing these, and then filtering the result
with the rest...

I tried to cheat it by pretending two tags were actually one, but
without success.

I'll put on the thinking cap again.

My sincere thanks for helping me though, Mr.Shulman.

(Ref. back to the beginning of the thread; turning a checkbox (via
CheckboxPlugin) into kind of a catalyst to switch other tags would be
cool. I'm getting ideas (albeit vague) of using it as a flip switch to
activate a set of tiddlers, perhaps enabling apparently two TWs in one
TW document. Or a little trigger checkbox switches tags that in turn
switch tags that in turn... mushroom cloud! ...yes, it's getting late
here and HerStuff is away tonight... Seriously though, a checkbox
would offer functionality beyond having to edit/close a tiddler,
particularly as CheckboxPlugin allows remote checkbox setting.)

/Matias