Ok, just want to report that in the end I used a combo of a few
suggestions above.
Mr.Shulman and cmari - it would not have been possible without your
generous help. Thank you!!!

Thus;

In a tiddler I first have a few of these (to set various combinations
of what should be encrypted with what);

<<forEachTiddler
        where
        'tiddler.tags.containsAll(["Private","Me","Her"])'
        write
'store.setTiddlerTag(tiddler.title,true,"OurStuff")+store.setTiddlerTag
(tiddler.title,true,"Encrypt(foo)")'

(the setTiddlerTag does result in a few NaN, but that's no biggie)

and then, mostly for overview, two lists that diplay all tiddlers
tagged Me and Her, respectively, and with the togglebox option of
adding a Private tag to it;

<<forEachTiddler
        where
        'tiddler.tags.contains(["Me"])'
        write
        '"|<<checkbox [["+tiddler.title+"|Privat]] [[]] [[]] [[]]
[[{story.refreshTiddler(\'"+context.viewerTiddler.title
+"\',null,true);}]] >"+">|[["+tiddler.title+"]]|[["+tiddler.tags.join
        begin
        '"|Add tag Private|Tiddler Title|Tiddler Tags|h\n"'
        end
        'count+" tiddlers\n"'