UnaMesa has indeed been working on using TiddlyWiki for data
collection, building on the original work done by Eric for the UnaMesa
Academy application. For the purpose of the Academy, as I think you're
aware, the filled out form was sent to an email address and the data
collected that way. Since then we've been focusing on putting together
a more automated mechanism for aggregating data from TiddlyWiki forms.

We're at a stage now where we are trying to better understand what
kind of use cases these forms need to cover. Rather than base this on
theoretical assumptions, I'd very much like to hear from anyone
interested in using TiddlyWiki based forms for data collection as to
what kind of work flow would work for you. It is my hope that we can
work together on this to develop a solution that meets your needs.

The kind of things that would be helpful to know are: How would you
like to use TiddlyWiki based forms? More specifically, how would you
distribute them (email attachment? link to a web page?)? How would you
want the data aggregated? (all in one TiddlyWiki? one TiddlyWiki per
user filling out the form?) Who should have access to the data
collected? (only you, you and the person filling out the form etc.)

Chris Dent has been leading the work on this, utilizing TiddlyWeb to
create a sharing and aggregation solution for TiddlyWiki based forms.
Due to the nature of TiddlyWiki, forms can be filled out online or
offline, and later synchronized with the server for aggregation
purposes.

Some of the goals for this work are:
* Be able to offer digital equivalents of paper-based forms
* Allow forms to be filled out online or offline
* Aggregation of form data in an automated manner
* Allow interoperability with other form formats, e.g.: XML based.
* provide a form creator that allows creation of forms without having
to write HTML
* create a forms library with templates for different kinds of forms
* Facilitate different user scenarios and needs with regards to who
should have access to the form data. (We strongly believe that both
the person creating and sending out the form, and the person filling
it out should have access to their data.)

More information:
*Very early demo:
http://peermore.com:9998/forms/0bd6a30e-fddd-4564-99d9-d56f69e7e326
(test/foo for user/pass)
** which can use forms templates generated by this form builder:
http://javascript.neyric.com/inputex/inputExBuilder/inputExBuilder.html
*Technical write up by Chris of the current prototype:
http://forms.unamesa.org/Server+Side+Prototype
*Different user/authentication scenarios:
http://forms.unamesa.org/Authentication+scenarios
*Alternative demo using the UM Academy application form:
http://peermore.com:9999/recipes/test1/tiddlers.wiki

Note that these demos may be difficult to follow without guidance.
I'll post a proper demo with a walk-through in about a week's time (in
a new thread). Feel free to ask questions in the meantime.

Cheers,
Saq