Hi All

I have been developing something similar. I also use UploadPlugin to
individually load tiddlers (from students) as they are edited to my
server...in some cases these save data to a TW in PureStore
format......just the actual text of the tiddler...not the whole core.
I then use the LoadTiddlers macro to selectively read tiddlers
(normally filtered by tag) into a "mother" TW......these incoming
tiddlers are marked "temporary", so the motherTW refreshes each time
I  request the specific infornomation.

To make the system easier for me to use...I have a local TW loaded
with great editing plugins.....into which I write the data.....new
course modules, notices, rminders......this TW uploads (purestore
format) to a central TW and the next time students open their local TW
(often on a pendrive due to lack of internet access in rural brasil)
the TW uses LoadTiddlers to actualise itself. Have even used this
system to do things like update Plugins in the students TW.

The main difficulty I am having is that all this works fine as long as
the data is stored on-line.....when you try to use this system locally
LoadTiddlers falls over.....it can´t handle local, relative URLs.....a
major drawback for me ... as I have some information (personal
learning journal for example) which is not uploaded but rather saved
locally via SaveAs......and LoadTiddlers cant seem to handle that...as
recently reported -
http://groups.google.com.br/group/tiddlywiki/browse_thread/thread/f0dfa3af5433b339#

Haven't yet found a quick work around for this short coming in
LoadTiddlers.

Thanks
Skye