I am not in the business of providing a working solution right now...
but here's what has been going through my mind every now and then...

I know that...
- frames can address each other via javascript
- you can embed complete tw's into one another via iframes

Provided that you are the 'admin' or 'author' of either and that both
documents sit on the same domain... shouldn't it be 'fairly simple'
to...
- access the contents across frames
- trigger js functions in the tw of the other frame
- like querying for search results and retrieving (!) results
- read AND write content from AND to the other tiddlywiki
- switch the embedded tiddlywiki into 'fullscreen' mode... pseudo-
hiding the outer one

?