Thanks BurningTree, I will test this out for a day or so, but it looks like
this is the easiest and most intuitive way to do this! Thanks!

That seems like such a fundamental core tiddler to be editing, though. I am
always told not to fiddle with core tiddlers. I do anyway, but I wonder if
there would also be a way to do this without breaking that important rule,
so that if that tiddler gets updated in future versions, I don't have to
keep changing it.