@Reet thanks for the feedback.

Good news is that this is on the roadmap to attend to before a version 1.0
release. See the entry "Update css to respect color palette" on the
Roadmap. https://saqimtiaz.github.io/sq-tw/streams.html#Roadmap
Though even then, with custom themes it will probably require some tweaking
of CSS to get things working to your liking.

Bad news is that you are going to have to wait a bit for that to be
implemented.
Until then, your best bet will be to use the lighter color palette in that
theme.