>any "elegant" solution how to create links between tiddlers in different
wikis.

tl;dr so far ... LocalSearchEngine
<https://groups.google.com/g/tiddlywiki/c/qBZa9XP5c4I/m/9LMAu-5UBQAJ> +
iframe internal wiki(s) + dragging permalinks (or right click copy link
address)

I've been ruminating over the same thing as performance has been degrading
as my main wiki gets bloated in tiddler quantity (~3.5K count)

My issue is overloading with all tiddlers in one wiki; in my case: planning
scheduling tiddlers (stuff i do) with note tiddlers (stuff i reference) +
playing plugins

FWIW My even more lazy inelegant dirtier solution :-)

I've been using Duarte's Local Search Engine
<https://groups.google.com/g/tiddlywiki/c/qBZa9XP5c4I/m/9LMAu-5UBQAJ> (LSE)
method + InnerWiki + dragging permalinks
<https://tiddlywiki.com/#PermaLinks> between wikis

   - Under chrome://settings/searchEngines my LSE is searchengine:
   wikiserver; keyword: wiki; url:
   http://localhost:8080/myfolder/wiki.html#:[!is[system]search[%s]]
   - Easy and simple as: Ctrl-l to get address bar focus + wiki + searchterm
   - And/or drag and drop from InnerWiki [1]

The workflow reduced alot of cognitive friction when the wikis are housed
in 1 folder as in TiddlyServer <https://github.com/Arlen22/TiddlyServer>
and LSEs can be assigned per wiki(s).  And really has changed the way i
view wiki state with wiki.html as a more temporary pool collection versus a
more permanent document/database/wiki/thing
I look forward to more simple and creative solutions from others! But for
me, the hard part is semantic chunking of wikis which is not a technical
issue :-\

Best,
tony

[1] Host your inner wiki (latest toy)

   - i dont use the InnerWikiPlugin
   <https://tiddlywiki.com/plugins/tiddlywiki/innerwiki/>  as it is over my
   lazy head and too complicated for my setup, YMMV
   - Create a new tiddler with the name of your wiki, say KnowledgeBase
   - add an iframe in the tiddler body text <iframe src="" width="770px"
   height="600px"></iframe>
   - where src = the path to you wiki, KnowledgeBase.html
   - The rendered tiddler will have the InnerWiki and right-click on most
   OS will allow for permalink copy to paste in the HostWiki, both absolute
   and relative linking works or just drag and drop with Optionally display
   tiddler titles as links
   <https://tiddlywiki.com/#%24%3A%2Fconfig%2FTiddlers%2FTitleLinks> = yes
   - Formal clean up can come later...
   - absolute link:

[ext[link|http://localhost:8080/KnowledgeBase.html#post%20solution%20for%20cross%20links]
   - relative link:
   [ext[link|./KnowledgeBase.html#post%20solution%20for%20cross%20links]]
   - usually I just work and save in the InnerWiki directly
   - What's crazy is the InnerWiki operates independently with direct
   access but can open directly in another tab and i drag and drop
   TiddlerLinks between the OuterWiki host and InnerWiki