Hi Tones

See my responses below

On Monday, October 5, 2020 at 12:01:17 AM UTC-5 TW Tones wrote:

> David,
>
> I think I understand what you are suggesting and think what ever can help
> to capture and re-envision the content is an ideal place for tiddlywiki to
> operate it. I have read it multiple times.
>
> For clarification, in my words.
>
>    - is a key part of this idea that new tiddlers can be created from the
>    intersection of two or more "attributes of a tiddler", in this case one or
>    more tags/tags fields and or object-type in this case a definition?
>

>    - Then in the new tiddler you can view information as it relates to
>    this intersection?
>
> *Yes.*

> If I am correct here, may I suggest;
>
>    - It may not be necessary to create said tiddler, more just a view
>    that looks like a separate tiddler, until such time as you wish to store
>    something unique for that "intersection" or relationship.

*I was thinking more along the lines of a printable report generated by a
control panel, like this:*

*A control panel with 3 sections:*
1. Choose topic (from a dropdown similar to the tag dropdown?), click
button.
2. Choose format, click button.
3. Choose both a topic and a format. click button.

*Option 1: a new tiddler is created.*
Title: [Topic], organized by [format]
Text: List of tiddlers tagged with [Topic], sort [Format] display [Format]
as heading, list or transclude tiddlers with [Topic] and [that format]
under heading, display next [Format] as heading, list or transclude
tiddlers tagged with [Topic] and [Second format] under heading, etc

*Option 2: *same as 1, but with topic and format inverted

*Option 3: *
Title: [Topic], [Format] (or something like this)
simple list of tiddlers tagged with that topic and that format.

*Two examples of report for option 1:*

Title: Birds, organized by formats
Text:
!!!Links
<transclude text of tiddler 1> = Link to National Audubon Society
<transclude text of tiddler 2> = Link to eBird.org
!!! Reflection questions
<transclude text of tiddler 3> = Why are birds so weird?
<transclude text of tiddler 4> = How can we monetize birds?

Title: Breakfast recipes, organized by main ingredient
Text:
!!!Eggs
* [[Ham and cheese omelette]]
* [[Eggs sunny side up]]
!!!Carbs
*[[Tamales]]
!!!Vegetables
*[[Huarache de nopal]]

*Notes:*
a) you can just dump an idea in a tiddler and tag with both kinds of tags.
No organizing.
b) Later, you can automatically see your information, sorted.
c) Bonus points if the user can create their own [1] and [2] filters
(instead of [Topic] and [Format], could be [Book topic] and [Book format],
[Century] and [Location] (to orgz historical people and events), photos
sorted by [Year] and [Location], etc.
d) Bonus points if th user can grow a list of choices for those filters
(rather than have to add them at the beginning once, and then is locked in
and can't add "Tamales" later)
e) Seems like all this is doable in TiddlyWiki. I know that tiddlers can be
sorted in this way in a list filter, complicated though it may be, so there
must be a way to filter/input by one or two criteria (tagged x and tagged
y) and press a button to generate a pdf-able list for, example, sharing.