Don't mind me: I tend to lose the big picture when I hyperfocus on a small
detail that is throwing me off.

> *Option 1: a new tiddler is created.*

I'm thinking the tiddler (a "Report" tiddler) should already (and always)
exist?  i.e. probably not showing anything, but does start showing content
based on the selections made ?

So it isn't so much a tiddler that gets created on the fly based on certain
selections, but rather an existing tiddler that already exists (and needs
to always exist), and content displayed changes as selections are made?