Man, this thread is turning into something like crack for me.

That was awesome, TT.

Zettelkasten is quite awesome for folk who see everything as intertwingled.

I imagine for some folk, duplication of information/notes is easier.  This
way each copy of a note exists in a structural view/context, entirely
detached (neatly cleaved?) from other contexts.  In general, I think most
humans like neat and tidy and hierarchical, without cross-connections or
inter-connections.  Essentially files in structured folders.  Well, maybe,
rather, people have been conditioned by computers into thinking files in
structured folders.  (Chicken and egg problem ?)

I've never looked into Zettelkasten until today (wikipedia and a few
YouTube videos).  I guess I've been organically doing that since I first
started using wikis circa 2006.  Cool.

The only things about Zettlekasten proper that turns me off:

   - the use of (contrived/artificial ?) "ID's" for each bit of information
      - well, they make total sense to me with paper index cards kept in
      drawers
   - this bit in the wikipedia description turns me off:  "The notes are
   numbered hierarchically, so that new notes may be inserted at the
   appropriate place"
   - to me, every note is a first class citizen, so there should be no
      hierarchy anywhere except all the hierarchies derived from links between
      notes that form a structure for some information context
      - so
         - hierachical numbering makes no sense to me for the way I
         think/see
         - there's so such thing as "appropriate place":  all notes are
         equally important, so they don't exist in any particular place
(although
         they will show up, via the magic of transclusion, in all sorts of
places)

- Blathering Me?