On Saturday, February 13, 2021 at 12:39:34 PM UTC-6 ludwa6 wrote:

> Speaking of which, @Soren, i have to ask: When the inevitable revision(s)
> to this book come out, how do we upgrade without losing our edits?  You
> mentioned something about this in another thread
> <https://groups.google.com/g/tiddlywiki/c/sDNCk1tDjlM/m/mV4BH1lCAgAJ>,
> but i'm still not clear from a user perspective how this is supposed to
> work.  Would appreciate if you could explain.

This isn't something I had gotten to figuring out before I distributed this
version, so it is still up in the air. My thinking is that I would add a
button somewhere in the settings that would export all content that should
be saved (would takeaways, snippets, and notes on completed exercises cover
it for you, or were you hoping to be able to add other tiddlers of your
own?) and then import it into your new wiki.

Another (probably harder) possibility would be to hack something on top of
the TiddlyWiki upgrade mechanism <https://tiddlywiki.com/#UpgradeMechanism>.