Relationships *are* a type of attribute. Various projects (TW Notes,
Treeview) already use them to construct parent-child trees of
information. Technically speaking, whether you use fields, tags, or
slices probably makes little difference to performance. No part of
TiddlyWiki creates a real indexed database structure. So its all
string manipulation, no matter how you get at it. So mostly what
matters is how easy it is to think about your usage of the data, and
the existing tools to get at and manipulate that data. In the case of
tags, there is already good user (tag field), internal (api), and
external (plugin) supporting code, making it a natural for this kind
of application.

Mark