On Mar 3, 10:36 am, "Mark S." <throa...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Relationships *are* a type of attribute.

Very interesting! I see it from the other end - attributes are one
type of relationship, which I define as triads of ["source",
"relationship type", "target"] - ex. ["George H Bush" "isTheFatherOf",
"George W Bush"].  Tags are really dyads, or at least triads where the
relationship type is fixed and implied, "hasAttribute".  To bring it
back to my original problem of task management, if I have a tiddler
"A" with tags "task", "B", and "C", the only way to infer that "A"
belongs to project "B" and depends on task "C" and not vice versa is
to note that "B" is tagged with "project" and "C" is tagged with
"task".  You are right,

> So its all string manipulation, no matter how you get at it.

or at least tiddler manipulation.  But what if I could enhance tags to
explicitly define the relationship type.  Then I could have tiddler
"A" tagged with "isA(task)", "belongsTo(B)", "dependsOn(C)".  These,
in essence, are extended fields, but extended fields are more hidden
and obscured than tags.  I hope that a future version of TW combines
the best of both tags and extended fields to make it a truly semantic
product.