Thanks for the replies. I forgot to mention that I'm running Windows 10 and
Timimi.

>>> I've found that at least on my machine, you have to drag in an up or
down direction, rather than a left and right direction, to get Vivaldi to
start dragging at all...but then it usually does not display the "drop
here" item anyway.

@Soren I hadn't noticed this but yeah your right. It seems that often I am
dragging slightly to the side, inadvertently highlighting some of the text
because the mechanism isn't working, then dragging the highlighted text.
This creates a tiddler with a bunch of html in the title ("<div
class=......etc").

>>>The peculiar thing is that I have been able to drag and drop many
plugins, *except* that I have not been able to drag and drop the Kookma
library to a Tiddlywiki hosted on Fission.  However, I could drag and drop
the Shiraz plugin to the Fission TW.  I have TW on Gitlab and Tiddlyhost,
with no drag and drop problems.

@Stan I don't have any problems with installing plugins via drag-and-drop,
I'm only noticing problems with re-ordering lists (like when clicking on a
tag pill). I've not run TW on Fission or Tiddlyhost though.

>>> Do you have any extensions running on Vivaldi?

I do but tried it with a blank profile and the problem persists. It seems
like there's just something weird about Vivaldi, though I thought it was
still based on Chromium.