I’ve tested on both Mac (Catalina) and Manjaro Linux.

I seem to be able to reorder things in a drag-and-drop list (e.g., a
tag pill) as long as I start my drag from the right of the text. If I
grab the text, then sometimes I get an an HTML dump showing up in the
list. But I can’t make it happen consistently. Like Stan, I was also
not able to find a problem with dragging in the open list specifically, but
I *do* have the horizontal/vertical problem on both machines.

I tested again and this time I was able to copy a tiddler between wikis by
dragging and dropping into a different tab. I’d thought I wasn’t able to do
that before either, but evidently that was wrong.