Oh yeah, side-note:

Thinking about what you're doing, I Imagine all sorts of fun applications
related to dynamic colours, for example: tasks that have a certain colour
when the due date is far away, and the colour changes to something else
(whatever you consider a "critical colour") as the due date approaches.

Well, most likely has done before in some plugin somewhere, I just haven't
explored enough of them yet.