The issue here is that JS macros are supposed to always return the same result
when passed the same parameters (in computer science terms, JS macros are
supposed to be deterministic).

It is possible to use JS macros that are non-deterministic, but they will cause
the refresh mechanism to produce unexpected results.

I can't tell without understanding more about your code, but the solution may
be refactoring the functionality as either a widget or a filter operator.

Best wishes

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Ruston