Looking back at my OP, it became a game of Where's Waldo because of a
mismatch between the number of lines in the macrocall and number of nodes
in the railroad diagram.

The fix:

```
!! Syntax

<$railroad text={{{
[<currentTiddler>addprefix["]addsuffix["]]
[["("]]
[[<"numValue1">]]
[[","]]
[[<"numValue2">]]