Thanks for your replies folks.

Allow me to throw lots of questions and remarks at you, for my own benefit and
hopefully for TS too. Please forgive my going off-topic a bit.

> have you tried copy paste the 5 tiddlers listed Tags:RinTheme to a
> tiddlyspace?

Just tried that: it seems to be working fine. (Was a bit confusing because I
lost a 'new tiddler' option on screen after I copy/pasted the Rin PageTemplate;
but I found 'new tiddler' on the backstage.)

> have a look at:http://themes.tiddlyspace.com/ which contains ready
> to use TiddlySpace themes.

That works, too. The classictheme in particular, as it has better font sizes.
Let me mention that the default TS theme (while otherwise nice) doesn't look
good on a small screen like the 800x480 I'm using (in Firefox 3.6, even
fullscreen). With default zoom the titles look way too big:

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/4369/tsfaqscreenshot.png

When zooming out the regular text becomes too small; I'd say the titles are too
big /relatively/:

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/1104/tsfaqscreenshot2.png

Not sure if it's possible to set font sizes so they look good on any reasonable
resolution... but surely there's % and ems and so on (newbie here)?

> I think an "old" TW theme will not work very well, without access to
> the new TiddlySpace requirements. eg: switching between public/
> private, following, ....

I just tried importing quickstart_tiddlyblog.html (downloaded from TiddlyTools)
to a testspace. That's more than just a 'theme', I guess. It seems to mostly
work, but not quite:

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/756/messy1screenshot.png
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/4294/messy2screenshot.png

Even without the apparent glitches, like you say I reckon TS's 'social'
features wouldn't quite mesh with the social options (like commenting on a
tiddler) available through this import... :(

Two more sets of comments/questions.

[1] Still regarding layout etc. If I include, say, 'classictheme' (or
copy/paste 'Rin'), the result has no search field, regrettably. How do I go
about adding one? Is this 'includable', TS-style, and how would I know other
than asking here? Or should I 'import' it from a (which?) more general TW file?
What about adding a 'new journal entry' button, a calendar, and the option to
comment on tiddlers? I see e.g. CalendarPlugin listed as 'currently loaded'
under backstage:plugins, but that doesn't make a calendar show up...?

[2] I would love to use TW/TS for a multi-user project blog (with the above
elements). I'm unclear whether this is currently possible. Or is another type
of TW solution more viable right now? Note I don't have my own server space.

Also here's a thought. Would it not make sense to make a distinction between
the space owner and other space members? It'd be up to the owner to grant other
members owner-like rights. Two aspects of this might be:
- Non-owner members would not be able to delete tiddlers (unless granted that
right). Now they can, which may be risky: say, conflicts arise in your group of
members and somebody starts deleting their 'enemy's' tiddlers... no good.
- There'd be three rather than two levels of potential 'privateness' to a
tiddler: public (as current), members-only, and private (which only the owner
and members-with-that-right see). Thus I could lead a space on a project
involving a bunch of people (members), keep some notes and thoughts purely of
and for myself in the same space (handy), and show the larger public some
"facade" tiddlers.

Just my newbie's thoughts, given my limited comprehension of what this is all
about, plus an idea of what I'd like to do with it (and maybe others too).

~P