Thanks Mario! Making progress now:
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/517/neuiemaltered.png

There are still some issues:

**1**
> SidebarButtons contain the icons. height width settings. eg:
> <<image tfgCloseAll.svg height:20px width:20px>>

I did this, using height:3em width:3em so the buttons scale with the page. It
looks good at first, but when a button is clicked it seems that the size
modifier is lost: you can see this for the 'glasses' (what is this icon for?)
and 'upload' icons in the screenshot. How to rectify this?

I also did not understand whether it's possible to specify tooltip text in the
image macro. It is important to have icon tooltips as the people I will invite
to the space are new to TW.

**2**
> There is no easy way to remove the second one. I like it that way.
> Edit ToolbarCommands tiddler to change it.

Too complicated for me to understand at this point... It's not very important.

However, something related: can I add a button in the toolbar to open/close the
comments area, rather than have it show permanently for every tiddler? I
suppose this would involve a change in NeUIemTheme too?

**3**
- Where can I change the colour of the comments title bar (ochre-yellow right
now, see screenshot)?
- Following http://tiddlyguv.org/CommentsPlugin.html#CommentsPluginInfo I set
textRows:2 to make the comment box smaller. But textCols:<some number> doesn't
do anything. Any idea why?

**4**
Regarding opening the blog:
- Will the people I'll invite each have to create a TiddlySpace? Is it not
possible for them to have accounts (maybe using OpenID) without creating a
space?
- I have checked 'generate RSS feed' in Advanced Options. What is the address
of the feed?

many thanks for your efforts!

~P