Tobias,

> Where - unfortunately - DropBoxWiki seems to fall short - as
> TiddlyWiki does itself - is in being able to collaboratively edit
> shared content ...beyond a mere aggregation of otherwise independent
> content bits.

I think that when  thinking about collaboration using the web, the
small team of around 6 people is overlooked. I think its fundamentally
different from massive collaborative projects. I suppose I have had a
context in mind - [[The Action Leaning Set]]. This is usually group of
around 6 people. More specifically, I have in mind a [[Systems and
Cybernetics Action Leaning Set]] - a possible real life context for
me. I worked with a group of in this community for 2 years developing
a "Organisational Maturity Model" on TW. After all that time, I still
could not encourage experimentation with TW.  It is difficult to
change peoples working habits, especially when they start to loose
their cool. Espoused Theory and real life action, according to Chris
Argyris [2] are not always the same. The slightest whiff of stress and
its back to "tried and tested" simple methods of collaboration.

A google seach for "Action Learning" leads me to a cruft pattern -
[[Academic papers are PDFs]] and "The nature of action learning: what
is learned about in action learning?" [1] is unavailable to those
without a login. If it were a small group, someone could download it
and share it -- by e-mail or put it in a dropbox. The [[All in one
file on my computer and not on the web for everyone to see]] aspect of
dropboxing is something i think less IT literate teams would be drawn
to.

People used to working on teams, ones which meet face to face, should
easily be able to organise a shared file structure. When audio, video,
images, spreadsheets and blogs are the materials of every day life,
dropbox and TW could be demonstratively beneficial in bringing things
together and enabling navigation though the material.

Alex

[1] http://eprints.lancs.ac.uk/29267/
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Argyris

However, as pointed out by others already DropBox gives