Just to be clear, just because the upgrade feature is not working - it
does not mean the product "doesn't work on popular browsers". As
Tobias points out it is possible to download an empty TiddlyWiki 2.6.3
and import content into there. TiddlyWiki still allows you to save
content to itself which is its core offering! That doesn't appear
broken to me... Saying it is dead is akin to saying Microsoft Windows
is dead because the Windows update feature is not working!

Yes there are problems with the import functions in Firefox 5, but I
believe these can be fixed and they __will___ be fixed!

Remember, only upgrade if there is a reason to - ie. your existing
version is broken or there is a new feature you need!

AlanBCohen, it sounds like one of the plugins you have is incompatible
with the latest version of TiddlyWiki and may require updating.
wikifyPlain has been deprecated, but should still be available to
plugins so shouldn't have broken your TiddlyWiki indicating
something's gone wrong here... I'll look into it and try and get this
fixed! Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers, Jon