Great post, thanks Chris. Your perspective on BT and Osmosoft is very valuable.

>> At some point, Tiddly is going to live or die by whether or not the folks
>> most committed to it find a long-term model for supporting the software and
>> themselves.
>
> I completely disagree with this, and I think it is the prevelance of
> this attitude in this thread which has contributed to me becoming
> angry and finding it hard to find a way into the thread that is
> clear and focused.

The core of Mile's observation applies to both of us, though: we're
trying to secure a long term model for supporting ourselves while we
work on the software. I guess your point is that if either of us
failed to establish a viable model, then it shouldn't necessarily
imply the death of the software.

> * When Jeremy was sucked up by the BT spaceship his availability
>  vaporized. Perhaps that will change now with his recent news.

Yes, that's what it felt like to me, too. Doing a good job in an
executive role in a big company has very, very little in common with
running an open source project. I'm relishing recovering my
independence.

Many thanks,

Jeremy

--