OK,
I did some prototyping at picasagallery [1] space. If you include the
picasagallery space into your space, you'll get everything, you need
to work with the Picasa transclusion. (Prototype using
InlineJavascriptPlugin)

<<tiddler "Picasa##gallery" with: ....>> which lists all available
albums.

<<tiddler "Picasa##album" with: ....>> which creates direct access to
a known album. There is a little problem. I don't know an easy way to
get the album ID. (needs some more investigation)

The "with: params" can be seen at the space [1].

I did split the different plugins into several "-plugins" spaces [2]
[3]. This makes it possible, to use the slimbox plugin without picasa
gallery. Picasa gallery also works without slimbox. It just creates a
"default" link, which loads the pic into the browser. So other viewers
should be possible too. (but this is brainstorming allready :)

have fun!
-mario

[1] http://picasagallery.tiddlyspace.com/
[2] http://picasagallery-plugins.tiddlyspace.com/