Thanks for this tip from glenn opdycke. I use TiddlyWiki on a daily basis
using Firefox17, and suddenly a week or so ago it stopped saving updates
with the same error. I have now just changed the extension from html to
just htm and it magically works again.

I have no idea why it suddenly stopped as I have been on FF17 for some
time, and I don't install plugins. But all is well again.