Hi Mario

четверг, 13 июня 2013 г., 3:59:25 UTC+4 пользователь PMario написал:

> On Wednesday, June 12, 2013 10:05:38 PM UTC+2, Yakov wrote:
>>
>> Two more things. First, I've got a problem with the indents. Most likely
>> it's a CodeMirror bug, but still.. I've changed my tabSize for JavaScript
>> to 8. Now I've got 4 spaces instead of 1 tab here and there. An example: I
>> create a tiddler, set its content-type to "text/javascript", type
>>
>> function a(b,c) {
>>     var d = b;     <- here I have tab, not spaces - this is changed by
>> google.groups
>> }
>>

> As described in the CodeMirrorConfig: Global section if you use
> indentWithTabs: true. tabSize and indentUnit have to be the same value,
> otherwise you'll get strange behaviour.
>
> indentWithTabs: true
> tabSize: 8
> indentUnit: 8
>
> I did test this and it works.
>
> tabSize: 8
> indentUnit: 4
>
> this doesn't work.
>
> Ah, thanks, now it works :)

This is by intention. 2 reasons.

> a) I did test it with highlighting every pipe sign but it was very
> distracting. I didn't like it.
> b) the code to highlight it is much easier :)

I see. May be in this case it's more useful to highlight the whole line
with some background-color? Anyway, adding a class to the whole line
shouldn't be more difficult than to the first pipe. Also, different classes
can be added to the caption line, class line, header line and ordinary
content lines which can be of use, too. (let us know when you introduce
some updates to the tiddlywiki.js; or may be there's an automatic way to
keep track of the updates?)

4 spaces in view mode actually is a bug, the CodeMirror.runMode() function
> doesn't get the options object. May be I forgot it, since I use tabSize:4
> and the default is tabSize:4 :)
>
> Having a look a the runmode.js source, it will allways convert tabs into
> spaces, since the codemirror author programmed it that way. (btw: he seems
> to hate tabs in code)

Honestly, I didn't get if that's a CodeMirror bug, or plugins' bug, or you
haven't figured yet :)

By the way, what do you think about my hijacks? Will you include them to
the plugin?

Best regards,
Yakov.