PS:
Daniel, I must respectfully disagree with you on this part of your message=>

>   so demand for it will go down to nothing soon.

If you do a general web search for Tiddlywiki with or without any other term, you'll find that there's practically an endless number of folks (and even organizations) merrily using TWC - likely with no plans or desires to change away from it.

I bet that the only reason that more TWC users don't yell for help here is likely because it's working reliably for them, or they cannot navigate the confusing mass of resources to find this one, single support group.

Few webby things that I've ever seen in the past 20+ years have been as useful and also as wildly popular as TWC.

If the devs want to forge ahead into some newer thing then I wish them all the best.

I, personally, don't have any need for it.
Also, I suspect that many other folks will happily stay right on with TWC just as so many have no intention of giving up XP because of somebody else's say-so.

I likes what I likes - and that is a good thing, I think !!