Hi Yakov,

On Tuesday, May 27, 2014 1:54:01 AM UTC+8, Yakov wrote:

> Hi Vincent
>
> суббота, 24 мая 2014 г., 7:09:16 UTC+4 пользователь Vincent Yeh написал:
>

> 2. Lists
>

> 2.2 Changing of the list order is rather slow
>

> Hmmm, I just noticed in my
> example<http://twve.tiddlyspot.com/#%5B%5Btwve--Example--List%20Items%5D%5D>that
>  *it
> caused an infinite loop when I tried to move down the last item*, but
> worked quite smoothly in other cases, even when moving up the very first
> one (well, you may get strange results but that's how TiddlyWiki renders
> lists, not the *twve*). Are you saying it is slow in general, or just
> cases similar to what I mentioned? If it is general then I would guess it's
> some interference with other plugins.
>

> Well, no, for me (in FF/Opera) in a list as simple as
> * one
> * two
> * three
> moving the first or the second item down takes 3-4 seconds (even if that's
> the only open tiddler).

I am guessing that could be the AutoSave feature (I remember you had once
mentioned about this?).

In v3.0.2 (and earlier versions) moving an element (such as a list item)
includes setting the tiddler text twice, which would trigger the saving
action twice if AutoSave is enabled. That could be time consuming. I can
reduce the time of setting tiddler text to once, should save half of the
time but I don't know how to save more with AutoSave enabled. Usually I
disable the AutoSave option and moving elements is very smooth.

> 3. Tables (haven't made consistent testing yet)
> 3.1 Multiline cells interact in an incorrect way with the following text.
> To understand what I mean, try this in a tiddler:
> |text text text text text text text text text text text text text text
> text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text
> text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text
> text text long enough to be multiline|
> text
>

> Hmmm, this is odd. I shall take a deep look into the codes...
> By the way, you can put "multi-lined" content, such as lists, blockquotes,
> etc., in a table cell, as shown in this
> example<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Ftwve.tiddlyspot.com%2F%23%255B%255Btwve.table--Example--Multi-lined%2520Content%255D%255D&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNHRDJj3LajUiX23uoX2QWSugTP3wg>
> .
>

> Looks cool, but here's an important point: this feature is a change in
> representation (while the whole twve plugins are about making
> *editing*easier), so if it's possible, I would like to have a small plugin
> that
> makes tables format multiline content -- so that in a public TW I could use
> that plugin without any inline editing stuff.

That could be a good idea to try at a later time.

> 3.2 Inline editing (at least adding/removing colomns) seem to remove
> additional classes. Say, I have a borderless table
> |borderless|k
> |text|
> After I add a new colomn, the table becomes with borders (it is ok for
> edit mode, but in view mode I would like to have my CSS applied). The
> |borderless|k part is not removed, if the tiddler is reopened, the
> borders are gone again.
> CSS here is
> .borderless, .borderless tr, .borderless th, .borderless td { border: none
> !important; }
> Note the !important part: without it, the stying is not applied at all --
> I would consider this as a bug, too.
>

> This I really have no idea. The *twve* does not do anything about styles
> because I have very limited knowledge about CSS statements. If that is a
> bug in *twve*, that must be due to the nothing be done about styles. In
> that case it may take a long time to fix...
>

> Ouch. I wanted to check if the DOM classes are removed, but the bug is no
> longer reproducible.. Let's forget about it until I can reproduce it again.
>
> However, the need to add the !important part to CSS stays.

You mean without twve you don't need this ! important thing, but with it
you do, is that right? That will be a trouble to me because I have no idea
at all what this ! important is! Hope it is not that important. :-)

> Ok, let's go further.
>
> 3.3 2 tables bug: in a tiddler as simple as
> |cell1|
> text
> |cell2|
> try to edit any of the two one-cell-talbes: for me, when trying to edit
> the first one, the cell2 text is displayed (and if I apply the changes,
> they are stored in the first table), and if I try to edit the second one,
> empty text is displayed.

This is a bug for sure. Thanks for finding it. I will fix it some time this
week.

> 3.4 the width of the cells is still not adequate: if "Minimum cell width
> in characters." option is set to "0", the width is still bigger than the
> content is, and extra "padding" on the right is added

Ok. I will check.

> 3.5 the speed of colomn moving is so-so and seem to depend on the history
> of moving: consider this tiddler:
> Start with text
> |a|b|c|
> |d|e|f|
> |g|i|j|
> end with text
> moving the first colomn to the left (or the second to the right) takes
> about 1 second; if I move that colomn back, it takes 2-3 seconds (tested in
> FF)

What about rows? Moving rows is smooth but columns not? I thought it's the
AutoSave again but then moving rows would be as slow as moving columns.

> 3.6 tables with several missing cells behave in a tricky way: if I create
> this table
> |a|b|c|
> |d|
> and try to edit the bottom-left cell, it opens for editing and then shows
> the table as thought as it is edited in a right way (the bottom-left cell
> is now with content). However, if I open the tw "code", I see
> |a|b|c|
> |d|f|
> instead of
> |a|b|c|
> |d||f|
> and reloading the tiddler shows incorrectly edited table (the
> bottom-center cell is filled with the text).

I think you are using FireFox, which version is it? My FireFox 29.0.1 /
Win8 works correctly, but Chrome, IE11 and Opera don't even edit the
missing cells! There is certainly some cross-browser compatibility issue I
need to fix, no matter what.

> 4. Transclusions (not finished)
> 4.1 inserting sections causes and error: if I create a tiddler New
> Tiddler to include with the text
> !section
> Type the text for 'New Tiddler'
> and another tiddler with this text:
> <<tiddler [[New Tiddler to include##section]]>>
> I see the line
> Type the text for 'New Tiddler'
> but in its end, there's Error in macro <<tiddler>> telling me TypeError:
> b.$dom is null

In my Win8 box with FireFox 29.0.1 I do not see such an error, but with
IE11, Chrome, and Opera I see this error some times (but not always). I am
not sure what is wrong about it yet, shall need more time to find out.

> 4.2 Also, in this case refreshing doesn't work correctly: if I change the
> text of the section while the transcluding tiddler is open, the text is not
> altered in the transclusion.

Right, it is because of this error, and the backstage button is gone when
this error is present.

> n. Compability bugs
> n.1 Nested sliders are somewhy open on load, try this syntax (usually, for
> "open on load" ++++[label]text=== syntax is used)
> +++[nested sliders are somewhy]
> open on load
> ===
>

> I stopped using nested sliders quite a while ago because I can not keep
> its syntax in mind longer than three days. But yes, I can make twve
> compatible with it for sure.
>

> Heh, the whole syntax is complicated, sure, but the basic +++[label] text
> === seems to be no more complicated than remembering the order of the
> slider macro params :) This of'course a matter of taste.
>

> PS waiting for slice editing, too :)
>

> Yeah, I am working on it. But just for my information, what are the
> typical cases that people use slices? I only know that the table at the
> beginning of most plugins is one example, but can't think of others with my
> poor experiences on slices.
>
> Well, I'm not sure about others, but I use translcuding slices (yes,
> surely I'm talking about transcluded slices) mostly with
> ForEachTiddlerPlugin:
> * I create a number of tiddlers which represent "objects" of the same
> "type" (usually tagged with the same tag, say "film")
> * I set some data in each one, like
> Dark City
> |comment|A very gloomy, bleak film (both visually -- no less than
> Bladerunner, and conceptually -- closely to Matrix|
> |year|1998|
> * and then I create an autoaggregated table that contains all data about
> those objects. In some cases (like a base of contacts) it's quite desirable
> to be able to inline-edit the cells

I see. I have a better idea now. Thanks for sharing.

> And just to make sure, I guess you mean to edit the "*transcluded slices*",
> right? From what I learned in this
> page<http://tiddlywiki.tiddlyspace.com/Slices>,
> slices can be defined in one of the following ways:
>
>    1. name: value
>    2. |name:|value|
>    3. |name|value|
>    4. |''name:''|value|
>    5. |//~WikiName://|value|
>
> sort of.. you should use the slice-defining RegExp, and it better should
> be store.slicesRE [1] (unlike GridPlugin which uses its own RegExp), as
> it is a core thing and I personally overwrite slicesRE to make slices
> "international" by using a small plugin:
> TiddlyWiki.prototype.slicesRE =
> store.slices = {};
> This plugin (which I call ExtendedSlicesPlugin) allows quite general slice
> names in the table notation of slices, like containing cyrillics (or any
> other language symbols), space symbols and more.

Good to know! Thanks!

Have Fun!
Vincent