Hi Vincent,

On Wednesday, May 14, 2014 11:47:03 AM UTC+2, Vincent Yeh wrote:

> Ton,
>
> Thanks for the quick test and respond!
>
> On Wednesday, May 14, 2014 4:34:48 PM UTC+8, Ton Gerner wrote:
>
> Hi Vincent,
>
> I am still using the old versions TWted.min_v1.4.6 & TWtable.min_v1.4.6.
> Since I am mainly interested in the table editor, I only installed
> twve.core v3.0.0 & twve.table v3.0.0 in a fresh TW v2.8.1 (using Windows 7
> 64-bit, Firefox v29.01, and Chrome v34.0.1847.137) and did some quick tests.
>
> Completely according to Murphy's law, the first test I did went wrong ;-)
>

> Hahaha! That's nice!
>

> 1) I tested with an available table that contained pretty links in cells.
> I think you can imagine what happened: the "|" in the pretty link was seen
> as a cell boundary and the row will contain an extra cell. So when editing
> you get a cell with e.g. "[[Google" and the next cell with "
> http://www.google.com]]";
>
> I had never seen this before, so I checked a TW containing the old version
> v1.4.6. There it worked "normal". I think you lost a precondition during
> refactoring.
>

> Yeah, I was wondering why you are having this trouble and I am not, but
> soon I found that *I accidentally moved that part of codes into
> twve.extra*, which you did not install and I did (and that explains why I
> don't have this problem). Sorry and thank you. This is a no-need-to-code
> bug and easy to fix: just move that part of codes into either twve.core or
> twve.table. I'll fix it tonight.

Yeah, that explains it.

> 2) When hovering over a table I get the "Hamburger" icon with a tooltip
> "table menu" *and* a message "transpose", but when clicking the "Hamburger"
> nothing happens. What is it supposed to do? Like clicking the "C" in the
> old version, a link to "twve.core Options" and "twve.table Options?
>
> There is an option *chktwveTableTranspose* that you need to check to
> enable transposition (otherwise the "transpose" message is dimmed and not
> functioning). See the instructions given in Transposition
> example<http://twve.tiddlyspace.com/#twve.table--Example--Transposition>
> .
>
> I put in this option long time ago and did not mention it at all, because
> the transposition codes were not correct and could mess up with the other
> part of the tiddler text (see this
> document<http://twve.tiddlyspace.com/#%5B%5BTransposing%20a%20table%20--%20backward%20thinking%5D%5D>if
>  you are interested in the details). I am thinking of removing it since
> (I think) the codes are correct and safe now.

I did not notice the possibility of transposing a table but like the idea.
Can you add the option menu (the "C" in the old version) to the
"Hamburger"? I found the "C" a little bit distracting in normal view; the
"Hamburger" is only visible when hovering.

> 3) When clicking the GettingStarted tiddler (at a "blank" spot within the
> dotted boundaries), I get a message "tiddler[GettingStarted] does not
> exist!"
>

> Ah, that's a debug message for me. I will take it off tonight.
>

> Are there any plans to make a TW5 version?
>
> Yes, I am actually working on it, but I haven't got clear the plugin and
> refreshing mechanisms yet... If you can point me to a simple example, it
> will be highly appreciated!

Sorry, I can't help you; I am just an end user, no developer or programmer.
Post your question in the Dev group and Jeremy or others can answer your
questions for sure.

Cheers,

Ton