Hi Stephen,

I'm no expert (or a pc user any more), but I think what you're missing is
that an ordinary windows shell doesn't behave like a unix/linux shell. I
think you have to install something to emulate it - which is presumably
what "git bash" is - a bash shell bundled with git so that you can use it -
are you able to issue all of the commands in that shell instead of the
windows shell?

Regards,
Richard