Hi Elizabeth,

Your project sounds very interesting. I have thought before that TW would
be excellent for a "choose your own adventure" type book - I used to be
obsessed with a series of books called "Fighting Fantasy" when I was a kid.

If you decide to stick with TW classic, you should probably download the
latest version, check it works and then try importing the tiddlers from
your old wiki into the new one.

If you decide to try TW5, I'm sure everyone here would be happy to help.
Personally I have decided to commit to using it and trust that it will
eventually have all the features that I "need" for my project (I am writing
a textbook)

I think it would be great for somebody who is completely new to TW5 to
write a plain English guide to doing the basics without going "under the
hood". Once you've learned how it all works it's easy to forget what it
looks like to people who haven't.

I hope you get it to work.

Regards,
Richard