Hi Mario

agreed - tracking real changes would not be straightforward.

However I was referring to the case when Autosave is enabled.

As it is now:
open a tiddler, change nothing, close it (or discard changes) --> save icon
stays red
open a tiddler, change something, close it ---> save is automatically done,
save icon becomes gray again.

So, in the first case, I'm left wondering whether I've actually changed
something inadvertently --> confusion.

I suppose a simple solution would be to save the wiki anyway, even in the
fist case, when no changes are made to the tiddler.

(Side effects: other tiddlers, which are open for edit at the same time,
would also be saved)

cheers

Paolo