On Wednesday, August 20, 2014 9:41:15 PM UTC+2, Jeremy Ruston wrote:

> Hi Ton
>
> Is there something similar for the Sidebar (double chevron) button?
>>

> In 5.0.16 I plan to bring the same customisability to the topbar as we
> have for the sidebar buttons.

Nice. Will give more flexibility, also for my top menu toolbar.

>> Usecase: my (TW5.0.13) read-only plugin [1] that does not work properly
>> in TW5.0.14.
>>
>> In $:/plugins/tongerner/ro/publish I can toggle the visibility of the
>> Sidebar button on/off (CSS-wise), which works. But when I switch to
>> read-only mode (CSS-wise like the ReadOnly theme), the left double chevron
>> becomes visible again!
>> If I can hide the Sidebar button with some 'visibility' tiddler ....
>>

> I'm not sure why you can't hide the sidebar chevrons with CSS. Is it just
> that the CSS classes are different for the  left and right chevrons?

In analogy with the styles in the ReadOnly theme I use:

svg.tw-image-chevron-left {
     display: none;
}

svg.tw-image-chevron-right {
     display: none;
}

And although the images disappear, there is something wrong: the button is
still usable although not visible. So it acts more like visibility: hidden than
display: none.
That was already in TW5.0.13-beta, so nothing new, but it is strange.

For some reason in TW 5.0.14/15-beta the left chevron icon reappears when I
apply the ReadOnly styles.
But in TW 5.0.14/15-beta I can hide per button (no ReadOnly styles needed
anymore).
And hopefully in TW5.016 I can hide the Sidebar button as well.

I will refactor my readonly plugin accordingly.

Cheers,

Ton