Hi Yakov,

thank you, that you help me. I have checked everything you wanted to know.

So, you haven't updated Java that time, right? Were you working with TW
> only, or did some other activities? Were you online?

No I didn't update Java, but OS X tells you when there is a new version and
asks you to download it, I suppose (or does it automatically, once you run
the software update application of the OS - so yeah, there might have been
an update of Java and I didn't realize). I also installed Java Vesion 17 on
my drive manually, but the problem didn't get solved through this.

As far as I can remember, I did nothing else while working on the
TiddlyWiki, except having TextEdit open, to copy some text from there to
the wiki. But aside of that, I did not have any other applications running.

 I was not online.

What's the size of your biggest tiddler (number of symbols)?

Looking at my wiki, I think my biggest Tiddler has about 65000 Symbols

use the <<version>> macro to find out

Okay, my Version number is 2.5.6

> what's the size of your TW? of the largest attachment? AttachFile seems to
> be most suspicious, in terms of saving problems, in your assembly.

My wiki has a size of about 2,4 mb. Yet, while I have the attach file
plugin installed, I don't have any files attached yet. It was installed
just in case.

> just in case, check your backup folder

I haven't filled in the backup folder box in the options menu in my wiki
and that hasn't been necessary so far. I tried to fill it in, but that
didn't solve my problem. Originally, the wiki created a backup file in the
same folder as the wiki file. The backup files had titles showing the name
of my wiki file, plus a long number. But they worked, when I wanted to open
them.

> - My starting page uses a html div-script. but only this one.
>>

> this is not quite clear, could you provide more details?

It's a div style element... It includes formated text and a picture, loaded
from the internet and put in the background of the text. It looks like this:

calligraphy;font-style:italic;font-size:12.5pt;line-height:normal;text-align:center;background-image:url('http://foto.arcor-online.net/palb/alben/95/3761995/3838383062383633.jpg');background-repeat:no-repeat;">

Followed by text and then div and html closers.

I already deleted it from a wiki version, yet this did not make a
difference regarding my problem.

> - I used Dropbox to keep my wiki synchronized on two machines, but I keep
>> Dropbox offline recently, due to space reasons
>>

> but your TWs are still in Dropbox folder? If so, try another one (may be
> Dropbox prevents the folder to grow even without syncing)

I already tried to save the wiki outside of Dropbox. I copied it and pasted
it in another folder on my PC, but still, same problem.

Is there FireFox version for OS X?

There is and I tried it in Firefox as well, but it was no use.

Best Regards,
Christoph