Whenever you have an open web page, you end up with spammers trying to
create link drops.

Probably a real wiki (with authentication) or even just a special thread on
this forum would be better. I believe the better wiki systems track
history, so changes can be rolled back when something useful has been
overwritten.

I feel the github process discourages documentation. The problem is that
it's the same system of review for documentation as for code. Which means
that you may have to wait a week or so before changes get applied, Sure,
CODE needs to be thoroughly vetted so that TW doesn't break. But, unlike
code, poor documentation is usually better than NO documentation, and it
can be peer-reviewed and tweaked as time goes along. It's an odd quirk of
human psychology that people tend to like to correct things that are
already in place rather than creating new content in the first place. So
getting something in place quickly (even if not 100% perfect) is more
important than getting it publisher-ready on the first draft.

Mark