Hi Stephen

And much as I hate to say it, Tiddlywiki is a dreadful Javascript
> development environment. I have long since lost count on how many Red
> Pop-ups of Death I've seen. Some of them simply mean the javascript won't
> work... typically ones with a mismatch of {}s... while others seem to lock
> Tiddlywiki up... typically typos on variable names. I reflexively import
> the bad code into empty wikis, import the code from the failed wiki and
> edit before saving. So I would like to see recommendations for Javascript
> development environments... jsfiddle, Aptana, Firebug, whatever... with
> some notes on how to work around the Tiddlywiki special requirements and
> peculiarities.

I spend a lot of time on TW development, and write a lot of code that
crashes, but I never see the red pop-up of death. The way to avoid it is to
keep your browser developer tools open while you're doing any JavaScript
development. Then you'll end up in the debugger rather than crashing, and
you can read your code, and inspect the values of variables.

To be clear, the red popup of death is intended to alert an end-user to an
error. It doesn't offer enough information for anyone trying to debug code;
that's what the browser developer tools are good at.

Best wishes

Jeremy

>  --

Jeremy Ruston